Oemfoeland also exists as a 2D platform game. I made this around 2006-2007 and it works on Mac OS X (Universal Binary) and Windows. It is not completely finished, it currently lacks some more levels and a highscore screen. It does include a full featured in-game level editor. Oemfoeland 5 was written in C++ using only some SDL libraries.
At the Ultimate Meeting in 2007, I entered this game for the Game Competition. It has also been released on Pouet.
- Side scrolling in four directions (left right up down)
- Levels can be very large
- Movable blocks with realistic physics
- Conveyor belts
- Wind zones
- Secret passages
- Full featured level editor in-game
- Graphics are completely replaceable so you can create your own game
My plan is to include some features from this game to my 3D version of Oemfoeland which I am currently developing.
- Jef “Oemfoe” Geskens (coding and the graphics that look like coder-art)
- Steve “Kuroto” Gilissen (the graphics that look decent)
- See the included readme.txt file for additional credits